My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Final Prep

Well, tomorrow I'm finally hitting the road. I've got a case of water, a case of Red Bull, music and a bag of almonds, I think I'm set. So many people have already been so generous! Of course with their donations - but in other ways as well. Offering me a place to stay, a care package of food.
I picked up my rental car a couple hours ago. Avis is the way to go!!! First of all they are super friendly (even at the 800#, so we can't attribute it to that Southern California- I'm like always really friendly- vibe). Not only did they give me by far the best rate, Richard Yeargin, the manager at the San Diego Airport Avis, was super nice (and also Jesus, the other manager). After hearing about my fundraising road trip they hooked me up with a free navigation device for 5 weeks and gave me an upgrade!
So check out my sponsor section because real people are my sponsors. Those folks lending me a hand in any way other than a donation. (OK, don't look at it quite yet 'cause I haven't updated it because I'm really tired. But I will!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home