My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Mission

To raise $9,490 for BREAST CANCER RESEARCH through a grassroots, cross country journey along America's highways.

Fundraising Begins Mother’s Day Weekend
After battling breast cancer on and off for 26 years, my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, passed away on August 28, 2005. This weekend marks my first Mother's Day without her. Unfortunately, this is a truth for many people.

My goal is to raise $9,490. A dollar for every day my mother battled with breast cancer.

Those who can't ride along will be joining me in spirit by pledging donations. I will continue to solicit pledges all along my journey letting other travelers know about my cause through signage on my car and passing out info cards. Plus, I'll use some more subtle tactics that can include anything from campfire chats to tollbooth conversations. Make a donation now.

Throughout my trip I'll be posting my travel journal on this blog which will also include photos from my road side adventures including the friends who are riding beside me figuring out how to fold the map, folks who have offered me a place to stay and the generous people making pledges along the way. I'll also be updating miles traveled and funds raised on a regular basis, so keep checking in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home