My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Minnesota

 
There are a lot of lakes in Minnesota. The Minnesota license plates says there are 10,000. The sign at the state border claims 15,000. I personally saw 14. So, there are between 14 and 15,000 lakes in Minnesota. I like lakes. I grew up swimming in lakes in the midwest. I love swimming in lakes. There aren't any waves, so you can actually swim. There isn't any salt to dry out your skin. No sharks. No alligators. No undertow, no eels. No chlorine and plenty of room. My friend from college, Trent, took me fishing in Pryor Lake just outside Minneapolis. (Or is it Lake Pryor?). He put the worms on the hook for me, which was mighty fine of him.
  Although, contrary to popular belief, I have put many a worm on hooks in my day. When I was a kid we used to dig for them behind our garage and put them in a coffee can to go fishing. Anyway, it was a beautiful day on Lake Pryor and I caught 2 fish. Trent caught none. Tee, hee.
  Posted by Picasa Here's me with a perch. OK, he's puny and yes I did throw him back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home