My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Mom

  Posted by Picasa Here's another picture of my Mom when she was around 18 years old.









Here's some things you should know:
Most women who develop breast cancer do not have a family history of the disease.
After the age of 40, your risk of getting breast cancer increases more dramatically.
Breast cancer impacts over 240,000 new patients a year in the US.
Approximately every 3 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately every 12 miuntes breast cancer claims another life.

(also read the new entry below about Gary Greff in ND who's mother is a breast cancer survivor).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home