My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bay Area

Here's a photo of my Mom and me when she was 33 and I was 3 at my Uncle Gerry's wedding.


I'm still in San Fran taking care of some trip details, one being changing the rental car. While the PT Cruiser does have a unique charm about it, it really is lame in a lot of ways. First the gas mileage leaves much to be desired. And uphill, it definitely seems to be working really, really hard to get up....up.... "you can do it".... me leaning forward... ah, we made it. Plus the overhead light didn't work and it beeped everytime you locked it. The trunk is also tiny, tiny. I'd recommend it for a short, downhill trip. So back to Avis I went. These folks weren't nearly as friendly as the San Diego crew, but nice enough. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince her to let me have the pontiac vibe (which I felt I could sleep in if need be) for the same price. At the level I was renting they had plenty more PT Cruisers and the Chevy Malibu. Frankly, I didn't even know they still made the Malibu. But it does handle well, is quiet and has a nice big trunk! Plus the gas mileage is quite a bit better, so that's my new ride. It's pretty plain looking on the outside though. Maybe I'll switch again if I get bored.
Yesterday, I got a nice care package from Belle, Matt and Kathleen who used to work for me over at MTV. Well, these people are the best employees any manager could ever hope for!!! And I'm not just saying that because they sent me this awesome package:


I've also noticed a weird phenomenom on the road. All my waitress/waiters have been left handed. Sure, fine, don't believe me, but its true. Speaking of food, I've been really spoiled on this trip. All the roadside diners I've chosen have been delicious. And the generous people making me food along the way have been excellent cooks! I mean really, really good!! James in Utah and my sister in law, Yukari, here in San Fran. (picture of Yukari forthcoming, the site is temporarily unable to upload, sorry).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home