My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Canyonlands National Park, UT


May 24
Total Miles Driven: 27
Total Funds Raised: $25

Quick, Pop Quiz! What is the difference between a Butte and a Mesa? First one to email the correct answer to roadtoacure@gmail.com will get a souvenir from the desert. (You must be a donor or pledger to qualify, some restrictions may apply.)
Spent the day in Canyonlands National Park, where plenty of movies have been filmed. Here's me standing where Thelma and Louise rode off the cliff!

Do you know what makes the rocks red? Hmm, didn't think so. It's iron. Did you know that by the time the water from the Colorado River reaches California it has already been used 7-8 times by humans? Well, gotta go, I'm exhausted from keeping this boulder from falling off the cliff (see below) and these Alvin and the Chipmunk underwear I bought at the Dollar Store are starting to bug me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home