My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Moab, UT Colorado River



May 23
Miles driven today: 23
Funds raised today: $655

Today was a great day for donations! So many generous people out there! From kids giving up their babysitting money to strangers writing a big check! The online donation method should be up on the site soon, so stay tuned. And thank you to all of you who have forwarded the blog along. Friends of friends are now making donations! I am also going to begin to feature the people you are honoring/remembering with your donations/pledges. So, please send along a photo and some words about who you are honoring and I’ll feature them on the blog.

Again, I can’t describe enough the beauty of Moab, UT. Today James let me tag along on a trip down the Colorado River. Even my pictures don’t do it justice. They were taking 50 school kids down the river. I rode on the lunch raft, with Kirsten the guide, James and Cody – a great dog! If you ever do make it to Moab, there’s a great restaurant – The Desert Bistro – which I highly recommend!

James



Cody

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home