My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lake George, NY

  I headed south from Canada and after waiting 3!!! hours in backed up traffic at the border they finally let me back into the states. I headed down to Lake George. I booked myself in to a cabin on the lake and was looking forward to a relaxing day reading by the beach. Here's where I stayed at the Surfside Inn. My cabin is on the far left.
 
Lake George is 32 miles long and 187 feet deep at its deepest point. It was formed around 12,500 years ago by a glacier. It's at the southeast corner of the Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY.
Unfortunately when I finally arrived it was raining, but it was still nice to have my own room again! The lake is pretty crowded with motels and the town is pretty touristy with loads of T-shirt shops and your required fudge place. But no bookstore?? You have to go to the town 30 miles away to get a book. By the way, what is the connection with small vacation towns and fudge? No really, I want to know. How'd that all start?
Ok, that's all I got. Sorry - not that eventful. I'm just biding my time while I wait for the next donation report to see if I've made my goal and can go home. Stay tuned......

In many of your cards and letters you've asked, "hey, what's the Road to a Cure corporate office look like. Well, here's the main office:
 

Here's the support staff.
  Posted by Picasa
The bear, he's reponsible for proofreading. So all those typos you can blame on him. He says it's because he's got paws instead of hands. Whatever.

1 Comments:

Blogger roadtoacure said...

Thanks Bruce!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home